Mini Studio

Wednesday, January 25, 2006


After shooting my challenge entry I left my mini-studio set up and took a shot of it for todays photo. I haven't used it for any of my PAD shots yet 'cos it takes too long to set up and take down.

The lightbox is home made (and for the shots I was taking wasn't quite tall enough, hence the bean cans...) and the flashes are cobra 250s fired by remote from the cobra 210 on my camera. I think it works pretty well for a setup which has cost me less than £50UKP (the stands, brollies & flash heads were bought on ebay)..

Oh, I had to clone out the challenge entry which is why it looks a bit odd below the rear leg of the lightbox :)

Also, please show your appreciation for the picture 'blue dots' by Ethan hanging in the background, another aspiring artist in the family it seems...

5 Comments:

mk said...

Oh cool. I should do one of these too.

TonyV said...

This is something I need to do. I have an empty outside room which would be perfect.

You need to take a close-up of Ethan's picture so that we can really 'crit' it for him!

Sonja (Photographer/Owner) said...

Wow, sweet setup. Can't wait to see the challenge entry.

MattO said...

Thats a very cool setup, very similar to my homemade setup, without the bean cans. I have long and shot legs to change how tall my set up is. I can also make it wider or narrower. Very cool, now you have me looking for your entry!

mike fairbanks said...

Why take it down, mine stays on the kitchen table almost all the time, it only takes about 1/2 the table, and the only time we need all of it is when company comes over!