Prayer Plant

Tuesday, January 17, 2006


Now I have started on the houseplants... These are the leaf markings on a prayer plant, so called because it folds its leaves up and together to conserve moisture when it gets too hot or dry.

edit to add - I didn't do any special processing or add any textures to this shot, basic PP steps were,

  • Crop
  • Auto curves
  • Auto contrast
  • Auto levels
  • Cloning (a few dust spots that I hadn't blown off :\ )
  • Very slight Hue/Sat adjustment
  • USM
  • Resize
  • USM (very light)
  • Save for web

Exif details were,

  • 3 sec
  • f8
  • ISO 200

4 Comments:

Elizabeth Abbott said...

I love the patterns of light on this plant! It looks really neat and makes a cool abstract-ish shot.

Linda said...

very nice lines and curves. I like the textures here.

Karen said...

Lovely macro, an interesting plant.

TonyV said...

Lovely colours and patterns. Nothing wrong with doing the house plants!