Laura Grove (8/30)

Thursday, February 08, 2007


Day 8 of 30 days of "Where I Live". This shot was taken standing here, I have rotated the map so that it shows the orientation of the image (pointing up).

I caught a break in the clouds to capture this shot of the street I live on, my house is further down just out of sight around the bend. The Town on the headland in the distance is Brixham.

Edited to add : It is a 'Torbay Palm' they have been grown here and associated with the area for many years (the real name is cabbage palm)..

6 Comments:

talj said...

Looks like a lovely place to live, so close to the sea! No snow for you today? :o)

Elaine said...

Nice view!

Ancientimages said...

Is that a palm tree?? Your maps and views are amazing!

Karen said...

You've got such a great view. There's a town just outside the city here called Torbay, no doubt named for the Torbay over there.

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

This is a great view. You are lucky to be able to enjoy it for real. Nice shot.

Unknown said...

I love the streets of Paington. Where I live everything is flat. That's the charm of the European Great Plain.