Thatchers Rock (10/30)

Saturday, February 10, 2007


Day 10 of 30 days of "Where I Live". This shot was taken standing here, I have rotated the map so that it shows the orientation of the image (pointing up).

Not a greatly inspiring sky unfortunately, but I thought that as I had mentioned it a few times we should visit Thatchers Rock.

Edited to add : I have no idea how it came to be called Thatchers Rock and cannot find any reference to why. I do know that it is not named after Maggie, it has had its name for many more years than she has been around. This didn't stop the local conservatives spending loads of money errecting a massive sign on the island congratulating her first victory, it prompty blew away ;-)

8 Comments:

talj said...

Looks like a beautiful little rock! :o)

Elaine said...

Lovely shot.

Karen said...

What a neat little island.

Anonymous said...

Ah, I think inspiring skies are overrated :-) I actually like the gradients in this sky. It's simplicity makes the details of that awesome rock stand out even better. You live in a beautiful place.

davidsmeaton said...

very cool ... love the perspective and the framing!!

cheers
david
super-dave.com

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

I like the way the sky looks, draws more attention to the island. How did it get it's name, not from the lady herself, Margaret Thatcher? Nice shot.

TheStick said...

Awesome shot!

admin said...

This reminds me of the old Myst games - I love this shot! It could be on any world.